EXERCISES

1) Conversation Practice
Step 1: Have the students listen to the recorded dialogue.
Step 2: Have the students read along to the recorded dialogue.
Step 3: Divide your class into groups of two students. Have one student plays the role of Mrs.
Anderson, and another the role of Debbie.

2) Questions/Answers Practice
Pair the students and have them practice the following questions and answers. Ask them to come up with similar questions and answers.
Q: What are you doing?                A: I am preparing breakfast.
Q: What is she cooking?               A: She is cooking steak.
Q: What is your plan after work?    A: I plan to bake a cake for Mary.
Q: Is the turkey ready?                  A: No, it is not done yet.
Q: How do you like your steak? Rare, medium  A: Well done, please. or well done?
Q: What happened to the ribs?      A: I overcooked them, and they were burned.
Q: How should I bake the cherry pie?   A: Bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Q: How is my chicken soup?        A: It is very tasty.
Q: How is my fish?                      A: It tastes very good.
Q: How is my stew?                    A: Not too sweet, not too salty. Just perfect.
Q: Do you like my muffins?          A: I love them.
Q: What should I put in my stew?    A: A lot of ingredients besides salt.
 
3) Comprehension test
a) Why is Debbie feeling great?
b) What kind of cake does Debbie like?
c) Why did Mrs. Anderson bake muffins?
d) Why does Debbie want a piece of cake now?
e) What is the name of the new recipe that Debbie saw on Today Cooking's website?
f) Why does Mrs. Anderson want to bake a cherry pie?
g) When will Debbie get home tomorrow? Why?
h) How many pies will they bake tomorrow?
i) What will Jeff want when he gets home?
j) What will Mrs. Anderson cook for dinner?
k) Why doesn't Debbie want to be late for dinner? 

4) Discussion
a) Should boys learn how to cook?
c) What is the most popular cake or food in your country?
d) What is your favorite baking recipe?

Comments

Popular Posts